The Employability and Education service
The employability program aims to deliver support to any unemployed or economically inactive individuals that may need it.
This requires delivering a range of support to meet the needs of whoever accesses the service in a holistic way.
Our programs include:
- BBO (Building Better Opportunities) - Funded by the Community fund and European Social Fund
- Peterborough Plus – Funded by the Community fund and European Social Fund.
- TCHC – Funded by the Community fund and European Social Fund
- CLLD (Community Led Local Development) – Funded by the European Social Fund
Each program has the ability to support with a range of topics, e.g. CV writing, FREE accredited courses, job searching, volunteering opportunities and much more. Each program is tailored to your individual needs and you will be placed on the program that suits your support needs best! Our aim is to break down barriers and either move you closer to employment or into employment! All support is on a 1 to 1 basis and is free of charge.
Our service can be accessed by many various methods, including:
- Referral by a Jobcentre plus work coach
- Referral from other services such as the Wellbeing service, Substance abuse services or most other general support services
We will work with you, identifying the direction you would like to go, what training, skills or qualifications you might need and foremost helping you break down the barriers that may have kept you from moving on in the past.
This is a program offering support and training, tailored to you and leading to qualifications that can lead onto work. We can help you decide what is right for you.
If there are things preventing you from getting back into employment or training, we can work with you to help remove these barriers. Part of the service also includes supporting you through any changes you’d like to make.
Last year our programs supported over 605 people, 100 volunteers, 126 attended courses and 33 people secured employment.